We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and world-class Android engineer. As an early hire in a pivotal role, you’ll have a strong influence in helping us build a product people love. You’ll also work closely with other experienced engineers and the founding team to scale a platform used by millions of music creators around the 🌎
- Help architect, write, review, and deploy Rapchat's Android app.
- Understand and implement Android best practices.
- Deliver performant, scalable, and reliable code.
- Integrate 3rd party APIs (parsing incoming data feeds, syndicating content out).
- Participate in design reviews.
- Think broadly about technical and product strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with our design, engineering, customer success, QA, and marketing teams.
- 3-6 years of experience building Android applications
- Experience with both Java and Kotlin
- Experience with background processes, data persistence mechanisms, and memory management specific to Android
- A quick learner that is always curious and able to master new skills
- Upbeat, positive, inclusive attitude, and no ego
- Experience building audio applications is a big plus
- A music hobby or background is also a big plus
- Flexibility: Work from anywhere, flexible hours, uncapped time off
- Wellness: Health/Dental/Vision, generous parental leave, fitness credit, required day off each month to rejuvenate
- Tools to Work: We cover your internet and all devices/software you need as well as any coffee/tea you buy while working
- Always be Learning: Books, classes, events, or subscriptions that help you grow
Click here to learn more about our benefits and working at Rapchat